Monday, December 10, 2007

4 months ago...

I wrote this letter that I meant to post, but there's too many people all over the world to post it to! So, I kept it and here I am, posting it digitally:

28/07/07 Because I just finished Harry Potter and have no intention of starting another book just yet, I thought "why not write a letter?" I know, genius right. I just firstly wanna say, I MISS YOU GUYS HORRIBLY! Yeah, I really love you guys that much.
My life here is... dead. My work days consist of waking up at 6.15 a.m. (just to avoid my housemates and other girls living around me... & to beat everyone else to the showers cos we share 2 showers among 12 girls... & to walk to my friend's place earlier etc etc..), showering, breakfasting bla, walk to fren's place, walk to work, work work work, walk home, think about what to eat for dinner, eat, sleep. Occassionally I go over to my frens' places, but they live so far away! (because I live in the staff accom that's the furthest away from everything else -_-).
At "home", all I do is hide in my room reading/wuliaoing (eg. writing letter that im never gonna send =), 'cause my laptop's still sick and I can't watch anything on it/play games. Why do I hide in my room? Let me tell you a little something about the people I live with. They are the "hi-fakesmile-continue talking among themselves ignore asian girl" kind of people. The only conversation they frequently have with me is "How's work?" -_-. Their nightly activities consist of 3 things:
1) blasting techno music at full volume till the wee hours of the morning, disregarding the fact that there's an asian girl in the house TRYING TO SLEEP so she can wake up at 6.15 a.m. to AVOID THEM
2) drowning themselves in alcohol either in the house, or out at the staff bar (although I prefer it when they're out, so at least I'll get the house to myself, if only for a few hours) & screaming at the top of their voices for no reason at all
3) talking about previous sex experiences & wanting to meet guys to have sex. Yes the walls are like cardboard. I can hear everything they say/so.

OR

all 3 at the same time!
Moving on to the wildlife. The animals here sure have a sense of humour. If you leave your room window open while you're at work, cockatoos will fly in, steal your food, shit all over the place, and fly off. Yep, there may be a wide expanse of forest just outside, but the best place to go to the loo is in your room. If you leave your room door open and forget to close the house front door when you go to the toilet, you can be sure to find a possum or two sitting on your bed waiting for you when you return. Often, when walking to work, you'll find some voluntary walking companions: kangaroos and wallabies. Believe me, I am not exaggerating.
Honestly, the island is actually a pretty nice place la. I've been to the beach twice. I've been to the highest peak on this island (very VERY nice view), I've been to the mainland to get groceries (because everything on the island is double-triple the prices of things mainland). It's a nice place but the people around me... suck. I miss having close friends/family around me. If I had the money, i would import all of you here right now. On a slightly happier note, I've already put in a request to change accommodations so hopefully the officers at Staff Accom have some compassion and move me soon!

-the end-

No comments: