Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's not funny anymore..

When I first found out that I was going to have 7/8 hours of class per day in Uni next year, the first thought that entered my head was, "Lodge all over again". Not to mention, I have 10 subjects for sem 1, 8 for sem 3, and another 8 for final sem. The semesters are such that sems 1, 3, and 5 are studying semesters, while sems 2 and 4 are for industrial training. But, I'm still trying to console myself on that point, telling myself "it will be fun, it will be fun" over and over again. I hear so many stories about how much fun people have in Uni. I seriously wonder how true that will be on my part. *sighs* I'm starting to wonder whether I'll have any time for leisurely activities outside of Uni. I sure hope so. Right now, I'm expecting the worse... and hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

As if that wasn't enough, I just found out from their international marketing officer that I only have 3 weeks of holidays PER YEAR! Only 3 freaking weeks out of 52 weeks a year! This is freaking torture. I'm very miserable right now. How can they do this to me?! It's enough that I'm so reluctant to leave my home, my family, and my friends behind. My only consolation was knowing (or so I thought) that I would be able to come back for 2 months at least every end of year. But now, they're taking even that away from me. First, they take away all the leisure time that I'm supposed to be getting. Now, they're taking away my summer holidays too. =(
People keep telling me "If you really like the course, you'll have fun". That's not the point, you know... not the point at all. Sure, I'll have fun if I like the course. But, I'ld like a little time for my sports, reading, music, yada yada all other hobby-ish activities (yeah obviously I can't really think straight right now) too. And, most importantly, the point is that I was looking forward to coming back here for a longer period than 2-3 weeks! *sighs* The point is, I want to come back here... back to all this familiarity, back to all the people here, back to knowing all the little bits and pieces of news of home... I want to come back and just shut off my mind to everything over there, before I have to go back again. 2-3 weeks is hardly sufficient time for me to catch up with home.
Someone told me, "It's the course you chose, the uni you chose, and so it's the sacrifice you have to make". But does she actually have any idea how unprepared I am to leave all this behind? I'm sure I'll cope alright there, but home is still home. Nothing makes me feel more loved.. warm-and-fuzzy loved.. than home.
And now these people are freaking telling me that the minimum contract for industrial training is 6 freaking months, and that my hols are probably gonna be the first 2-3 weeks of january... only. I'm devastated, miserable, broken. It really isn't funny anymore.

No comments: