Monday, December 25, 2006

*big huge smile* ^^

I've made up my mind that I will be as happy as I can be from now. I will not wallow in self-pity, or depression. I will not dwell on my problems, but rather, I will dwell on the things that make me happy. At every one time in our lives, we face good and bad things. And it's entirely up to us whether we want to worry about the bad things, or enjoy the good. And so in my whole listening-to-christmas-songs jiwang-ness, I've made up my mind that from now on, I will only focus on the things that make me happy. Problems are there to allow us to grow from trials and possibly mistakes made. How else to tackle a problem than to be happy and calm about it? =) I believe there's always a rainbow at the end of a storm.

"The greatest joy in life is giving"
I like the satisfaction I get when I've made someone happy.. the kind of satisfaction you get from just being there for someone, or making another person feel appreciated. The inspiration for this post: In order to bring happiness to others, we'll have to be happy ourselves. Being optimistic is a good remedy for illness. Rather than seeing all the negative sides of a situation, isn't it better to focus on the constructive points of it.
I've made up my mind to stop being sad about my leaving this place in 17 days time. Instead, I will enjoy whatever time I have left here to the fullest, and know that one day I will again be back home. =)
That's what I say now anyway... I'm pretty confident that I will be overly homesick once I get there. *sighs*... *think happy thoughts*

No comments: