Monday, December 18, 2006

pre-homesickness

I'm mentally preparing myself for the homesickness I'm gonna feel when I go to Aus next year. I feel like crying everytime I think about how much time I have left in Kuching. But, I'm stopping myself from crying. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, 'cause if I keep all the tears in now, I might burst at the airport. It's really no easy task leaving the only place I've known for the past 19+ years of my life. I know I'll probably cope fine there, despite being homesick and all. Humans were made to adapt to their surroundings and all that. But, I'm just so attached to kuching in all its boring glory. People tell me that after I've gone there, I won't wanna come back anymore, but Xiu has been in melbourne for about 3 years already, and she still feels like coming back all the time. I guess kuching will always be the only home in our hearts. People in kuching, please don't forget me after I leave... I want reasons to keep me wanting to come back home. =) Keeping this short 'cause I'm going out soon.

24 days and counting...

1 comment:

silveraven said...

it'll only get worse when it hits you when you're away... but if you like the place you're in, i reckon you'll get over it pretty fast and look forward to the hols when you can come back.

:)