Thursday, July 10, 2008

On the back of postcards sent from California

Dramas and movies are not good for me. They make me emo. They encourage me to believe in fairytales. They encourage me to believe in happily-ever-afters. They encourage me to believe that there is always a better tomorrow. They encourage me to wait for the rainbow after the storm. They encourage me to have dreams I probably will never achieve.

Unfortunately, reality isn't that simple. Reality isn't quite that perfect. And, the rainbow has yet to appear.
Wouldn't it be nice, though, if we could all really have our own happy endings? If only life were like an RPG. When we muck up, we'll be able to load from where we last saved or start over. We would be able to correct every wrong decision we made the first time round. We would be able to travel around with a company of friends, saving the world. We would be able to get that happy ending, even if we have to redo things every now and then.
And most of all, we'd be able to slay monsters and evil villains and kick their asses to kingdom come. Muahahaha.

No comments: