Tuesday, April 03, 2007

First day...

of restaurant service, and which table was allocated to me? Table no.13. Good ol' lucky number 13. What lucky thing did I do on lucky table no. 13? I nearly stabbed my customer's leg 'cause while clearing I didn't notice that the cutlery already on the plates in my hand were slipping (no more late nights for me). When I DID notice, 2 forks and one knife (it's blunt, don't worry, they know that there will be klutz's like me in the industry) were already on the floor. Talk about embarassing. Talk about "stab me in the heart right now" embarassing. As if that wasn't enough, I spilt coffee on the table (just a lil bit, but in this industry they expect perfection so even a lil bit is a lot =( ) 'cause someone filled the coffee pot too full and I didn't know. THIS SUCKS!! I'm not perfect. You can't freaking expect me to be freaking perfect on my first day. We've had like wow 2 sessions of training? And on the first day you throw me to a table of 9?! (You say you only give that to competent people, but do I freaking look competent to you?! Do competent people drop cutlery next to customer's feet?!) And you expect me to be perfect?! There were like a million tables of 2-4 people, and of all the tables you give me, you give me the one with 9 people. NINE PEOPLE OKAY! *sobz* Okay, I'm just very distressed that I humiliated myself dropping the knife and forks on the floor. Argh! Hate hate hate... I was never cut out to be a waitress. Make me a bartender anytime. =P

For anyone who's considering it, DON'T dine at Graduate's Restaurant. Because there are horrible waitresses like me there. Okay fine, one horrible waitress. If you wanna walk out of the restaurant with your feet intact, don't come. If you don't wanna laugh at frantic waitress apologising bout you nearly losing your feet, don't come. Just.... don't come.
Midget, I so prefer your uni's restaurant service system. It's so much better being allocated a specific task for the whole service than to be allocated tables. 'Cause it freaking stresses us out more that we have to do every single task perfectly for our tables. I'ld rather take orders for the whole service, or just serve food even. At least that way I won't have to worry bout getting all my sequences correct and not forgetting anything, and just focus on doing that one specific task. Midget... unfair! *sobz*
Okay, I'm done complaining. You can stab me now. With the knife. The one on the floor.

No comments: