Friday, April 13, 2007

*grin*

I said I won't complain bout my lecturer anymore right. Well, I won't. 'Cause as of now I love him. very much. =D We had our individual feedback sessions today, and he's supposed to give us our strengths and weaknesses and our performance in the restaurant thus far etc etc. And when I sat down, first thing he said was "Yes, miss distinction (my nickname as of the day I was put behind the bar alone... dammit), you're one of my top students you know. Probably top 2 or top 3". Okay, considering how badly I feel like I've been doing, and that almost everyone else but me has had some experience in this industry, I was staring at my lecturer wide-eyed and shocked. And then, it was compliments all the way, about how much potential I have and all that bla. I'm still pinching myself 'cause I honestly think I dreamt this.

He's been putting so much pressure on me 'cause he believes I am capable of a distinction in his subject too. He says right now I'm sitting very comfortably on a credit because lunch service isn't as challenging compared to dinner service. You see, in the army camp that I go to, even credit is a very big deal, much less a distinction. OmG, I'm seriously still in disbelief. He's making me head waiter next week (we're having dinner service next week) so that I can prove to him that I deserve the distinction 'cause he can't just give away free marks. And he's also giving me three/ four tables to take care of, 'cause he "knows I am definitely able to organise that and handle it (direct quote)". omg omg omg. Someone wake me up please.
But somehow despite the fact that I really do wanna believe all that he's telling me, I still feel like I'm really not as capable and competent as he thinks I am. Maybe people just think that I'm that good, but deep down inside I know that I'm not. *sighs* =( Maybe now is really the time someone woke me up, because I know for a fact that I'm a complete retard all the time.

2 comments:

Chemical Apple said...

wow...so ca-pa-ble ha...
gudluck girl

Joce said...

wow, ppl actually still come to my blog! lol, I thought noone would bother anymore considering how long I left it dead. Thanks, but I really don't think I'm as capable as ppl think I am. haha.