Saturday, October 04, 2008

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance

Here you go.. Stalkee No. 3 and No. 4:

Had my first real experience of racism today. While it is true that people in this little kampung called Toowoomba are less friendly than anywhere else in Aus that I've been (I assume it's 'cause they grew up in this kampung and aren't as exposed to being around Asians), I've never actually really had any racist "attacks".

Healthy, fit people as we are, my friends and I usually walk to the shopping places to do our weekly grocery shopping every Saturday. Of course, the real reason is that we're extremely cheapskate students on a low budget and would rather walk the 2.5 km than pay money for the bus. Heehee.
Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, a car full of ugly Aussie dudes drove pass, and one of the passengers shouted and threw a drink box (I don't know how else to call it, you know, those small drink boxes, you knowww, yes yes?) at us. Very manly, I must say, throwing an empty RIBENA drink box at us, because real men drink ribena! Ugly man.
My first thought was to shout "Screw you!", but being the good-natured ASIAN that I am, I picked it up and threw it back at his face and gave him a flying kick 'cause my mama always told me "Actions speak louder than words". Or so I would've liked to have done. =D I ended up just staring at the car thinking "how sad, growing up in this secluded kampung and never learning how to keep the peace with fellow HUMANS".
I didn't actually see their faces clearly, but they must be dumb and ugly. In that little world in my head, all good-looking men are angels.
Of course in that little world, there are also pink elephants... and superpowers... belonging to me, needless to say.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can so imagine ur face when tat happened, :P
but now u see wad de real world is, not everyone in aus is so nice nice smile smile like me, haha
u should haf used ur superpowers on dem, ke ke

Super Gentleman said...

how did u noe dey were racists? mebe dey were trying to talk to u, bt being d shy stalker dat dey r dey chickened out in d last minute n d guy's hands slipped his drink n it flew all d way n hit ur face... LOL... ok mebe dey were racists... hahaha...n gal, u better stop dreaming liao... cz if nt, den i would b gud looking liao, cz im an angel... or u can call me and angel cz im good looking... ^^

Joce said...

drew: is my face that... imagineable? why does everyone keep telling me they can imagine my face, HAHA, stop missing me so much *blush*, lollll, anyway, my superpowers shall not be wasted on ugly, low people like them =D

bong: his hand must've slipped with incredible force 'cause it's not like the car was directly next to me when it passed you know, lol, and also, he was shouting some vulgarities prior to the drink flying at us, that ugly dude, hahahahaha
also, maybe it's about time YOU stop dreaming, ever considered that? =D

Super Gentleman said...

*ignores joce n went prancing n dacing around in ahbong-is-engdao-land...

Anonymous said...

oh shucks, u didn't haf to tell de whole world i miss u, hahaha, n yes ur hundred n one expressions r really very imagineable, u should start an acting career ;p

Joce said...

bong: Balas dendam ignore me har, lol

drew: Hundred and one expressions indeed, -.-, if I start acting will you watch all my shows? Buy all my dvds yes yes? LoL

Anonymous said...

all good looking men are gay, jaws...waakakak