Saturday, August 02, 2008

The earth fell fast asleep, This room is safe and sound

Signs that prove you're a student studying overseas:

  • Voluntarily signing up for a workshop just because they have free BBQ after.
  • Hanging around Uni at 12pm every Wednesday because they often have free food during common hour.
  • Hanging around supermarkets for an hour or more on Saturdays waiting for prices of fruits and pastries to drop (to clear off stock 'cause they don't open on Sundays).
  • Buying only homebrand products 'cause they are heaps cheaper than known brands.
  • Rushing to watch a free movie every few Fridays even if the movie doesn't look that appealing in the first place because (a) the movie is free... it might actually turn out to be nicer than the poster looks and (b) they serve pastries and coffee/tea/juice for evening tea.
  • Very thick-skinned-ly asking a person passing out food and magazine samples "Is this free?"
And this is only part of the list. Feels so cheapskate scrimping on everything possible. But whoever said life was easy? Particularly if your parents are old and still working their asses off to send you to Uni overseas to get a better education than they did. Thank you, mum and dad. You have no idea how much I love you guys. =) Bro, if you're reading this, I love you too, but you owe me money. Nyehehe.
Truth be told, I'ld rather have a not-so-good education and my family with me, than to have a good education but my family thousands of miles away. *sigh* Sacrifices.
Bro, in case you think I'm really serious about the money-owing thing. I'm not that calculative. I love you all the same. But that doesn't mean I'm letting you off the hook for using up so much money. =D

No comments: