Sunday, August 03, 2008

I just want to be there when the morning light explodes

Phone rings. I pick up.

"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Miss Jocelyn ***, studying at USQ?"
"Erm... yeah it is"
"I'm calling from the library."
"Uhuh"
We pause for a moment here to include a note from the author: It was very believable 'cause just that afternoon, I submitted my resume to the library so they can call me when they have casual work available. It was such a coincidence okay!
"Have you ever borrowed any books from the library?"
"Yeah, I borrowed one book before last semester"
"What was it called? Because in our records, you didn't return it."
"Organisational Behaviour or something like that. I can't really remember. But I'm very sure I returned it before the due date last semester!"
"Yes, but it shows here that you have an outstanding fee of $62. So the book wasn't returned."
At this point, I was starting to panic 'cause I know for sure that I had returned the book. And I was getting a tad bit suspicious too 'cause why wouldn't the librarian (the librarian with a M'sian accent at that) know what book I had borrowed if it shows in the records that I hadn't returned it? But my panic overcame my suspicion so the conversation carried on.
"But I'm very sure I returned it!"
"Where did you return it to?"
"What do you mean? I just returned it to the book-returning slidey thingy place in the library...?"
"The Toowoomba campus?"
"Yeah yeah"
"Oh, so you returned it to the main campus. 'Cause we have a few campuses you see."
Now obviously Ms. Chia has done her research 'cause there ARE a few USQ campuses and the Toowoomba one IS the main campus. AND the libraries often share their resources.
"Yeah yeah, I returned it to the main campus. I'm very sure that I returned it."
"Yes, but it doesn't show in our records. We need you to go to the library as soon as possible and settle this. Maybe tomorrow?"
"Okay okay, I'll go look for the librarian tomorrow. But I'm still very sure that I've already returned the book before the due date."
The conversation carried on for a full 5 minutes with me agreeing to go to the library to sort this out before
"HAHAHA, joce, it's me lah!"
*** Family name protected for privacy/anti-stalker reasons.
O M G. Never EVER do that to me again. It's not good for my heart. I actually believed it 'cause for one thing, I had been to the library that very afternoon to submit my resume, so I assumed that 'cause of that, they checked my library records to make sure I was "clean" before letting my resume through. For another thing, I really had borrowed a book before from the library, and she even knew about the many USQ campuses and Toowoomba being the main one! O M G. I was panicking 'cause I have only ever borrowed ONE book in my whole entire semester in USQ and how could I possibly have incurred a $62 fine on myself from borrowing ONE book. Was I really that unlucky?
ARGHHHH. Evil evil evil. Gave my heart quite a workout. Chia Yii Fang is a master liar. Confession time for you, mi dear!
Nevertheless, it was still really great to hear from you guys! Hehe.

8 comments:

Super Gentleman said...

wad ever happened to d
*** Family name protected for privacy/anti-stalker reasons.
when u oledi say out d name...
ultimate keliaoness... LOL...

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahahahahahahaha...Hillarious !!! That would seem like something Cindy would do but not alone. She had a partner in crime ;P ...kesian dia..kena again..lol...you're really so gullible ler jaws..lol..save yourself and be less trustful...lol :P ...i think cindy still have alot of credit left for the sim card i gave her so she decided to prank you...proud of her.she made it to full use. lolz...will laugh my way through monday's blues today...haha

p/s: sexy moo moo (for the prev comment)..thats wat i said the last time..i felt like you guys were calling me ah moo !! gonna go have breakfast with colleague and story her abt this...she knows cindy so it's gonna be fun storying her...lolz...

Joce said...

bong: I protect my own name lah -.- What for I protect the penipu's name, bahahaha, so evil

ah mu: so bad lah! It was really chun okay that's why i believed. If that afternoon I didn't hand my resume in to the library, i wouldn't have believed her, 'cause I was a bit suspicious dy, but it was too chun, haih haih. You people are terrible, always bully innocent people, hehehe. Btw, don't think there was a partner in crime 'cause miss tiong only came into her room after we talked for a while dy (after the whole library thing)

Anonymous said...

jocey jaws..its ppl like you that light up our lives by cracking us up with your innocent-cy all...lolz...my cousin is the brilliant mastermind of tricks..so proud..haha.why ler you wanna defend audee...walk in after the whole pranking thing.sounds so setup :P.. hahaha..kesian audee..dont know why like to kacau her...bah dont wanna disturb her..nanti she naik angin with me...hihihih

Joce said...

ah mu, your nickname is evolving as your ego gets bigger, it's amazing, lol, you're terrible, always laughing at me, hrmf, i merajuk, bahaha!

Anonymous said...

nice "hor" my nicknames..anyways, that's what my frens call me so...hohoho..you post funny blog..how not to laugh..but i also complimented mah..your flaws are others' joys..hohoho..hehehehe

Joce said...

eeyer, that's what your friends call you, they need to get their eyes checked or not? haha! I'm glad I bring you guys entertainment -.-

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! OMG! I just read this.. I was so bored I just had to prank you using Brenda's leftover credits. LOL!! HAHAHA!! so funny wei!! hahahaha!! for that whole 5mins, you ACTUALLY believed!! WAHAHA!! it was fun!!

time to buy new number to prank some other people. LOL!! hahahaha!! thanks for lightened up my day again. hahaha!!