Thursday, August 21, 2008

Take my message to your brother, And tell him twice

I am back! After my 2-week hiatus due to Olympics. And because of Olympics, I now (again) have a mountain of assignments to catch up with. Hu hu hu. I'm only here for a short while though, since everyone misses me so. *ahem* Teehee. Here's my quick 2-weeks-worth of entertainment before I head off to Olympics again.

I was over at my friend's place a couple of days ago and while waiting for him to get ready so we could go meet our group, his Korean housemate chatted with me.
"So you're from Malaysia?"
"Yes, but I'm Chinese. You know, Chinese Malaysian?"
"Ah ah, ya. So you speak Chinese at home?"
"Erm, I speak English at home, but Chinese with friends."
"Oh, but you speak American too?"
"Yes, I also speak Australian and Canadian and a little bit of Kiwi."
Little did I realise how much I overestimated the Korean guy's English and his understanding of sarcasm.
With genuine awe, he said "Oh wow wow, so many languages! So good so good."
At which I was internally going -.-'''. In order not to embarrass the dude any further, I said, of all things "Teach me some Korean!"
Wrong move...

No comments: