Monday, August 04, 2008

A statement, a story, a struggle, A chance to laugh

A message came through: "Are you still selling your Information Systems textbook?"

"Yes, I sure am! Wanna buy it?"
"Yes, when are you free?"
"I'm in class now but we can do the exchange after 4"
(yerr, sounds like some secret-agent-highly-classified-top-secret files, heehee)
"I'll be free after 5 so maybe then?"
"Okay sure, just give me a ring"
I waited around Uni for a bit till 5.30 just in case buyer-person called, then decided to head home. Hours passed and soon it was 8 and yet, no phone call. I was due at my friend's place at 8.30 so I sms-ed buyer-person and said "Hey I'm going to my friend's place in a bit, so maybe we'll meet tomorrow instead?"
"Okay, how bout I call you around 12?"
"Yeap, sure thing"
12pm the next day rolled round, and on the dot, *message alert* "Are you like free now?"
"Yup yup, I'm free"
"Where should I go?"
"Are you in Uni? I can go meet you if you are 'cause I have to go there anyway. If not, you can come to Student Village"
"Yeah am in Uni. Call me when you're here."
As I neared Uni, I rang buyer-person "Hey, where are you?"
"I'm at *muffled sound* Just tell me where to go. I don't know many places here."
"Erm, how bout in front of the refectory? Wait, where are you again?"
"T block (or D block, I wasn't sure)"
"Okay then, just go to the garden outside T block, I'll head there"
And so the exchange FINALLY happened, and we stood there talking for a bit. And everything was all fine and dandy until "Hey you stay at Student Village right?"
"Yeap"
"Which unit?"
"Unit *3."
"Really? Oh! I'm in Unit *4. We're neighbours!"
Did I feel like killing myself? Yes. All those hours of waiting and arranging a place to meet... and he was my neighbour! I could've just walked a couple of steps and knocked on the door and voila, exchange done. Gah! Story of my life. Sometimes I wonder whether the angels have fun laughing at me from up there.
Turns out he isn't just my new Paki neighbour, he's also my classmate for 2 subjects this semester. -.-
*Unit numbers protected for privacy/anti-stalker reasons.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha !! Innocent + Blur = Blurnocent! You're so funny jaws...

Joce said...

lol, moomoo, you're also becoming very lame, blurnocent pulak, -.-

Anonymous said...

i learned from only like the BEST in the WORLD..you kuching peeps..kakakakaka

audree said...

Wahahaah! Ah mooo! What happened to you? Why so lame suddenly? tsk tsk tsk..

Joce said...

what us kch peeps, only cindy and aud, they don't represent the whole of kch okay, lol, eh, we need to brush up on our lame jokes to prepare for next year, one year's worth of lame jokes, hahaha!

audree said...

What lahhhh.. Cindy only.. not me leh! I'm not lame at all one lah.. tsk tsk tsk.. JOCE! Dont simply accuse people!

Anonymous said...

hoo-way got lame...or maybe cuz no one ber-lame with me here so i e-lame with y'all loh..my colleagues all in their late 30s and 40s,i cant lame with them. sniff sniff..yes pls do something to increase you all punya lameness for next year..because the most lamest from KL is coming along with me next year !! weeeeeeeeeee...cant wait..expect to be lamed by her..ho ho ho

Joce said...

i thought people in their 40s are naturally lame? Old people humour, hahahaha, ah mu, you should know... you're one of them =D
I really have to prepare my lame filter next year, since I'm gonna be surrounded by all of you. We better pick different streams, I cannot tahan so much lame-ness in one day, lol

Anonymous said...

old ppl are boring ...weeeeeeeeeiii jahat-nya..im only 26...you're 21..you're near to my age..you old, i older sikit..you lamer, i lame..hohoho..we just be diff stream from Cindy and Audee can already..karen seems sane to me..hahaha..insyallah semua jadi pergi tahun depan..demi tuhan