Thursday, March 05, 2009

She had no rings on her fingers, She had diamonds in her eyes

So how long does it really take to change a lightbulb? 2 hours.

Following the changing of the 2 bulbs in the living room from orange to white lights, I proceeded to change the one in my room. One twist of the old bulb and the whole thing came off... literally the whole thing: wires, bulb holder and all. Deng deng deng. I had broken the dinosaur-years-old wire in two.
And so, bulb in hand, I ran next door to get my neighbour's help. Along came he (and his wife aka my ex-piano teacher), tools and all, to try and fix the thing back on with that little bit of wire left, and LO, we discovered that one of the screws in the bulb-holder was missing. He claimed he had seen it when he handed it down to his wife earlier.
Thus began the long excruciating search for that one little screw that would make all the difference. We searched everywhere all around the room, but there was no sign of this elusive screw. It couldn't have been outside since she didn't leave the room after she got hold of the holder. So where could it be? In the bin?
So off we marched with the bin and emptied its contents all over the floor in front of my house. Slowly we picked my rubbish one by one and put them back in the bin (eww... I even had a torn (but clean) undie in there *blush*), all the while searching for that one little phantom screw. Needless to say, we didn't find it in there. Back we marched, into the room, where neighbour-husband-man was still scouring the floors.
One hour. It took us one hour, and we couldn't find it. What can I say? We're persistent. And then neighbour-piano-teacher-lady said "Let's just go to the shops and see if they have one that fits." I grabbed my bag, walked out of the room and LO, the screw was right there under my foot,... in the living room. -.- How did it get there? I don't know.

2 comments:

Super Gentleman said...

Seriously... LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL...

Anonymous said...

why u so smart one oh? hahaAHahAhahHaha, nehmind, gif me more entertainment, hahAHaHahahAHAha