Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It’s like we’re going through the motions of a scripted destiny

Patriotism is an overrated word. Yesterday in management class, we had to do this team scavenger hunt activity where we had to find answers to several different questions. The first 4 teams to complete the scavenger hunt would win chocs, lollies, and scratch-its. Like, yeah, who wouldn't wanna win?

The first question was to find the lyrics of and sing 3 different national anthems. Luckily enough (or so we thought), there was a taiwanese in my group, 2 australians, and me. 3 national anthems right there. The REAL problem was realised a while later, when I found out, I forgot the words to Negaraku. Hahaha. I wrote as much as "Negaraku, Tanah tumpahnya darahku. Rakyat hidup,....". Yes, that was how far I got before I realised I couldn't remember the rest. The exact words of my team member (who's also in my marketing group): "I admire your patriotism, I really do." -.- Needless to say, we didn't win (We also didn't have to sing the national anthems in front of the whole class of 100-200 people, 'cause only the first 4 teams had to =D).
All the random facebook 'once upon a time' pictures (which started from me, I'm proud to say, lol, kidding!) made me think back upon the old times. And for no apparent reason, I recalled one particularly "creative" event. I remember this time back in Form 5 (or maybe it was Form 4?) when I was very sick for a period of time, and didn't attend school for a couple of days (a week perhaps? or 2?). Various hilarious rumours started flying around the class, one of which included SARS if I recall correctly. The most significant of which was the claim that I was actually Tzy Wen's real twin, and not Tzy Shih. Okay, WHAT is the relevance of that to me being absent from class? Mr. Adrian Ng Liang Wei, the creator of this rumour, would you care to explain it? 'Cause I don't quite remember the whole story, OR how it came about. Haha. Very creative, Ad, very creative.
I did manage to remember the rest of Negaraku in the end... after class when I didn't have to remember it anymore. -.-

No comments: