Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Moments..

That's the name of the lodge school magazine now, thanks to mr. lee's efforts in trying to turn it into another st. jo magazine. Our school magazine didn't used to have a name.. not until the year after I left anyway (last year). The school mag covers these two years also resemble st. jo's in 2004.. my last year in lodge. And, the school mag is also a lot more canggih than it used to be. damn them! My year's school mag page was like crap! hrmf!

Funny how after we leave lodge and we're no longer a part of their events, the school magazine doesn't interest us as much as it used to. I remember when we were still in high school, the anticipation we felt everytime it neared october or november, 'cause the school magazine would be out around this time. And the excitement when someone in class gets their copy, and everyone crowds around to see it. I remember all the fun we had filling in our pages last time; before it was called "moments", each class was given about 2 pages of the school magazine to fill up, and we were allowed to put in whatever we wanted on those 2 pages, as long as our class photo was on the first page. Now, they no longer have that opportunity since its so canggih-fied, they have to cut down the number of pages to save cost. muahahahaha! But then again, now they get a lot of coloured pages. Ours used to be just black and white, unless we were willing to pay for a coloured page for our own class.
I remember how we used to flip through the magazine for hours, looking at every single detail, finding anything that was relevant to us.. and finding pictures of ourselves. lol. I remember all the excitement.. going around requesting for "autographs", either on the autograph page allocated, on our own class page, or on the class photo that we could order to keep. I remember the searching for our names and faces in various clubs.. and possibly searching for our own essays to read (if we had won any competitions). I remember the scanning through of all the events reviewed in the magazine, hoping to find something funny to laugh at.. either in the pictures or in the review.. finding people we knew, our friends, acquaintances, and teachers. The school magazine used to be such a big deal to me.
I just finished flipping through this year's "moments". Yes, literally just flipping through. I am no longer bothered to look at everything. It doesn't concern me anymore. High school seems so far away. New faces met me as I looked through the class and club pictures. The number of familiar faces are decreasing year by year. The little kids I used to know look so.. grown up now.. so un-little. The high school I used to know seems but a mere memory now. Is this what it feels like to grow up?

No comments: