Friday, October 06, 2006

Why do we have to say goodbye.. to anyone at all..

That was midget's personal msg in msn a couple of weeks back. And I agree. Why do we have to say goodbye? I think goodbye is the saddest word ever invented. I think midget meant saying goodbye to people flying off to far-off countries and people separating and all that. What about.. the final goodbye.. the goodbye we say to people who leave this world. I think THAT is the saddest goodbye.

Why do people have to die? why do we ever have to say that final goodbye to the people we love? why why why? I know it's not a good thing, but I've always wondered what life would be like if anyone really close to me passed away.. especially my family. How will I go on? How can I continue to live each day knowing that person is no longer around? How can I ever look at the picture of that person without getting teary and feeling the sadness all over again? I doubt very much that I can handle that kinda grief. I know of some people who have gone through it before, and I admire their strength for having been able to move on. I know it takes time. But I cannot ever imagine getting over losing someone I love to death. I really hope it never has to happen to me, or anyone at all... an impossible dream.
This post was inspired by Smallville Season 5 Ep. 12 and 13. In saving Lana's life, Clark caused his own father's death. Because Jor-El warned him before that in exchange for his life, someone he loved will have to die. It was supposed to be Lana, but after seeking help from Jor-El, he was given the chance to relive the day Lana died, and change things. And so he did, despite Jor-El's warning that fate will still take its toll.. a warning which hinted that another person will die in her place. Needless to say, Clark blamed himself for his father's death and was very hard on himself. At the end of Ep. 13, Clark's mother was watching an old video of his dad and a young Clark on a tractor thing when Clark walked into the room and stood behind his mum, watching. omg that was so sad.... so very sad.
I don't ever wanna say goodbye.. to anyone at all. never ever ever...
Peter Gabriel - I grieve.. this song was playing at the end of Ep. 12.. download it!

No comments: