Tuesday, September 05, 2006

May he rest in peace..

In answer to some people's questions about the previous post: Naw I'm not for real. I'm dead afraid of fires. I could never light a Bunsen burner; and never dared to; until I took A Levels and we were forced to light our own burners =(. I would absolutely positively die if I had to face fires for the rest of my life.

Steve Irwin died today. He was stung by a stingray this afternoon and passed away. Isn't it ironic that a crocodile hunter died from a stingray attack? Are there even crocodiles in the ocean?
Apparently he swam too close to a stingray while filming "Ocean's Deadliest", and the sting went right through his heart. It's really very terribly sad. He shall be included in our prayers tonight. I feel that it's even sadder that he left behind a wife and kid(s?). How will they be able to continue with their lives? How will they be able to go about their daily routines with the absence of a husband and a father? How will they feel the next time they watch reruns of the "Crocodile Hunter" tv program? Death is a very sad, unavoidable thing. *sigh* Kinda makes you think doesn't it.. bout how funny life is. We came into the world at an expected time.. but we leave the world at a time only God would know beforehand. I guess this is a time when we should really reflect on the phrase "live every day like it were your last", 'cause you never know...
On a happier note, I just had stingray(a ray thingy of some sort anyway) for dinner. They taste good. nyum nyum.

2 comments:

Chemical Apple said...

He got two kids...a girl and a boy...
hmmm... pray for his family, they are in Queensland now i guess...
Life like that..u dunno what u've got till its gone...(tu)

Joce said...

yeah.. they're really young... very sad for them to lose a father at such a young age =(