Thursday, September 07, 2006

No, I'm not a professional swimmer, get over it..

After a week of working at my aunty's place, I've had at least 20 or more random aunties asking me whether i represented sarawak or something for swimming. When I tell them no, they look at me in surprise and say "Are u sure? But ur built really like a swimmer!", like I'm being ridiculous for denying it and they know better than me. Only ONE aunty looked at me and said, "Basketballer right?", 'cause her husband is a bball coach. I am NOT a professional swimmer of any sort. I swim occasionally, every now and then, but I do NOT do so professionally, and i do NOT represent state or national team or whatever. The thing that annoys me is not the fact that they think I'm a state swimmer, but the fact that they act as if they're SO SURE that I am, even when I tell them I'm not. Then they look at me as if I'm not telling the truth, and a few of them even referred to me as "neh, that swimmer". What for I want to lie?? -_-''' I don't understand aunties.. I really don't. But, nevermind, I should feel proud that they think I'm a pro swimmer (but if ever they saw me in the pool, they will think otherwise.) lol =P

Hmm, and one of those aunties turned out to be wun tuang/wun chiang/wun chyn's mum. She was so nice, and so friendly, and I was talking to her for a few days before I actually found out she was their mum. And how did I find out? 'Cause when she went for her second skin treatment, she brought Wun Chyn along. I was so shocked.. and so paiseh I didn't even dare to talk to Wun Chyn. Later he think why his senior so proud one, see him also don't talk to him. lol. I know I should've talked to him, but I was so paiseh 'cause I didn't recognise his mum! He ended up talking to my mum. And when my mum asked him whether he knew me, he said something along the lines of "Ya ya I know her. The basketballer, represent something etc. etc." Is that how u remember me huh huh huh?! Ish!
I suddenly remembered one of our Leo events few years back. We had this ice-breaking game, where we were split into fairly big groups, and in our individual groups, the guys formed a circle outside while the girls formed a circle inside. Each guy had a "girl"(the one standing directly in front of them), except for one. That one "lonely" guy starts off the game by winking at any girl. The girl he winks at has to go to him, and her guy has to try and stop her. If he doesn't, then the girl will go to the guy winking at her, and the one she just left has to start winking at other girls. The aim of the game was for the guys to have a girl. The one without a girl is the loser of the game. Basically, the game is very lame and we girls are just toys being pushed around from guy to guy. Hrmf.
But anyway, the point of this is that, Wun Chyn was in my group, and because of him I couldn't go to the handsome guy winking at me! lol At first, my guy was Gary (who thought at first that we were gonna have to dance, he asked me "tiau bu ah?" which means "dance ah?" -_-''') 'Cause I was lazy to move around, I tried to avoid looking at the guys in case they were winking at me. So i just stared at the floor, pretending I didn't see anyone winking at me. heehee. But then, after a short while, some of the guys started calling me cheater 'cause I wasn't looking when they winked, so I had to look up eventually. I moved from Gary to tall skinny dude back to Gary to Wun Chyn. And there I stayed. There was one handsome guy in my group who winked at me so many times but Wun Chyn held on to my shoulders (at least he holds shoulders, Gary pulls hair! stupiaks) and I couldn't go to handsome guy!!! So disappointing. heehee. Ok fine fine, wun chyn also very cute (in case he somehow stumbles upon my blog=P).
Ah, but that was many years ago. Reminiscence reminiscence.
funny how all these memories suddenly flood back. And funny how I suddenly feel like blogging 'bout this 'cause I met a junior.. n suddenly most of this post is related to him somehow. hehe.

No comments: