Saturday, June 14, 2008

And I should've been there, In the back of your mind

Having a "sliding door to balcony" room instead of a "wooden door to balcony" room during winter is heaven. My room is warmer than the rest of the house during the day. Ho ho ho. It does have its drawbacks, though. At night, my room, in contrast, is colder than the rest of the house, and during summer I literally liquefy and vaporise... evanescence is not what it's cut out to be. Regardless, I shall enjoy and bask in the glory (and warmth) of my room while it is still winter.

I need to find a place that is conducive to my studying habits. And believe me, I have been trying really hard, and failing, to find this place.
At the library, I watch people and shelves, and dream. Yes, my subconscious would rather watch shelves upon shelves of books and people than actually read the book I really should be studying from. At the park under the tree where it's so peaceful, who would want to study? Not to mention if I can watch shelves when I'm in the library, what's to stop me from watching everything else when I'm in the park. And peaceful surroundings = perfect place to let your mind wander. At home, I fall asleep, as has been proven countless times. As long as I have a textbook or anything academic in front of me, I fall asleep... hence the "advantageous assimilation" theory. I am incorrigible. *sigh*
Ever wondered what it would be like to grow up in a farm and do chores your whole life? Horseback riding, growing crops, chasing sheep, rolling around in the green green grass, occasional visits from the big bad wolf. What's not to like?

No comments: