Monday, June 02, 2008

I feel the sunshine, Open my eyes

Except there really hasn't been much sunshine at all lately. Gloomy, rainy winter days spent putting off studying. Not exactly my idea of days well spent. I plan to go to class tomorrow. Only because the lecturer's giving hints for exams. Heehee.

I honestly think I can count with my fingers and toes the number of times I've actually attended classes this semester. I need to stop slacking and get motivated! Good news is... I FINISHED MY ASSIGNMENT! A week ahead of time too. That has got to be a first for me. But only because exams are around the corner. Panicking about it isn't motivating me much either. Was supposed to start studying on Friday. That was the initial plan, anyway. Friday passed, and I thought "tomorrow I'll start for sure"... and that tomorrow has turned into another tomorrow and another tomorrow (Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow, You're always a day away... in typical Annie fashion) and at this point in time... I haven't yet started. *sigh*
Distractions tend to materialise in front of me whenever I need to study or get to work on assignments. Distractions in the form of anything and everything... seriously everything. I marvel at my ability to amuse myself at home, because on rainy gloomy days, I can't go out and frolic around like a lamb.
I have decided to come up with a list to try and make myself study.
1. I now know that MSN is not conducive for my motivation to study and therefore, from now until exams are over, I will not be going online on MSN.
2. Songs with words and beats and classical tunes are also horribly distracting, because I want to sing and dance and not study.
3. Silence makes me want to sleep. Studying, in general, makes me sleepy in seconds, but that's beside the point.
4. Fictional books, movies, anime, manga, and all other forms of entertainment should be kept under lock and key, although I haven't yet found a way.
5. To cut a long list short, it would seem that the only way to make me study is to lock me in a room with white walls, a cold hard floor (although I cannot guarantee I won't still fall asleep), and textbooks. And blaring alarms every time I doze off... just in case. By this, I do not mean throw me in an asylum. Padded rooms are too comfortable.

No comments: