Sunday, June 08, 2008

I can bring my guitar when my time is up, And I'll play it for you

A second post to make up for inactivity for the next couple of days when I won't have access to Intermeshies.

I was browsing through old posts (did I mention I am all too easily distracted when I need to study?), and came across two about my career choice. Hilarity. Firstly, I can't believe some people actually believed I was serious when I said I wanted to become a firefighter. For one, I am dead sensitive (not to mention, afraid) of immense heat and fire. Secondly, why would I want to become a firefighter?! No doubt it would be a pretty relaxing job, assuming that fires don't occur quite so frequently. But me? A firefighter? Beyond my imagination.
The second post was about me wanting to take hotel and resort management and people telling me that I'm wasting my brains and that it wasn't the right choice. Turns out, they were right. I ended up switching. Still not doing something I really want to do, but there's really nothing I can do about it, is there. Just have to grin and bear it. And hopefully, survive the remaining years of studying life before I get thrown out into the real world where I'll have to grapple and bite to survive.
Or perhaps, I could just sit here and pray that I marry rich and slack the rest of my life. Ideal, indeed.
Sidetracking a little, anyone in Toowoomba wants a basketball buddy? Or swimming buddy perhaps (although not quite ideal at the moment, considering it's the start of winter)? Or tennis? Or badminton? Or anything else that will get me away from my perpetual reliance on indoor activities, particularly in the form of the lcd screen I'm staring at right now, to entertain myself, and out in the beautiful sun? No one I know here likes sports. =(
Should I really be worrying about this when my pile of notes are still festering in their little cozy corner, making me feel guilty? Probably not.

2 comments:

silveraven said...

you and i have the same prob... but for me, it's more like my friends don't like the same type of sports i do. haha~

go walk around in the sun la. don't waste a perfectly good day. :D

Joce said...

my friends don't even LIKE sports, lol, I can play any sports, as long as it gets me out and about on beautiful winter days. And walking around in the sun is not an option. I'm allergic to sunscreen. Hehe