Thursday, May 03, 2007

Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

If it's gonna be this cold, it might as well just snow; gives me a chance to be 'sakai' and frolick around in the snow. I mean if the weather wants to torture me, don't just rain, go all the way... snow! I hope for a white christmas. Which is impossible because it's summer on Christmas. AND, I'm gonna be on an island in winter. If I'm gonna freeze to death, I'ld rather it not happen on an island. Islands are where tsunamis (choi!) occur, not blizzards. I so think that drowning to death is a really horrible death. I have aquaphobia. Or whatever it's called. I fear drowning in the deep blue sea, or any other big-space-filled-with-deep-water for that matter. I hate not knowing what's swimming under me. I hate feeling helpless, knowing no one is gonna be able to save you if you drown out there. I hate not being able to see past the surface of the water. It's like you're about to get sucked into this deep black abyss where time doesn't exist. I hate my cousin for pushing me underwater when I was 6 and causing me this phobia!

It's, however, very ironic that everyone thinks I'm a professional swimmer, considering the kind of phobia I have. If only they've seen me swim =p. (Despite whatever hiao miao says about me swimming fine and proper, I still think I'm a very cacat swimmer. The kind that any swimming coach would be so ashamed of. My very first swimming coach passed away last year. Mr Yap, if you're reading this from heaven, I'm very sorry that I turned out like this 14 years from the time you stopped coaching me.)
Which is actually kinda straying a LIttle bit from the point of this post. One painful realisation: I won't be home for christmas!!! noooooo! How can! Not that very much happens on Christmas at home, but it's still that whole Christmas-time-wanna-be-with-family-and-close-friends feeling. Christmas is my favourite season of the year, and nothing should stand between me and enjoying my favourite season. =( I wanna be home for christmas, with my family and all my darlings back home. hehehe. (Bro, you're temporarily not part of my family because you suck. You told mum. You're lucky she's too blur to figure out that "someone signing for joce" equals "joce has been skipping class without me knowing", hrmf)
So, what does a Shiraz, a Merlot, and a Sauvignon Blanc smell like? My answer: Wine. My lecturer's reply: Get the hell out of my class. (No, that didn't really happen. I wouldn't be here if that had happened. I would be on the way back to kuching in humiliation.) I wish I were a dog. I'm sure a dog would have been able to smell the blackberries and oak in Shiraz, the apples and lemons in Sauvignon Blanc, and whatever. I smell wine okay. That's all I smell. Is it my fault that I smell wine when I'm sniffing wine?? Ish. We started wine studies yesterday, and wine tasting started today. I will be drunk and high every wed, thurs, and fri as of today. Not that we actually swallow the wine. We have to spit the wine out as soon as we take a mouthful for a taste... yes we spit, into sinks, shared by 2 or 3 people...tell me about disgusting. The only thing I'm probably gonna pass out of the 3 wine-tasting procedures (appearance, smell, taste) is the first. I may not be able to smell or taste the fruits or woodiness or whatever other substance a wine is supposed to smell or taste like (apparently, everyone will smell and taste different things in the wine because of differences in our sense of smell, taste buds, bla bla bla, I really haven't been listening much), but I sure as hell can tell you what colour it is and whether it's clear or not.
I love my lecturer though. He's so cool. He has two earrings on his left ear, and he uses a pink marker for the whiteboard. How cool is he?! (he's not gay btw) And he takes the same bus as me every morning. That's why he's cool. 'Cause only cool people like me take that bus every morning. =D (you know what would make him cooler? If he gave me my HD right now without having to sit for the wine-tasting exam.)
I made lamb stew yesterday. I'm making chocolate mousse and lime souffle next week. I'm so wonderfully good (and slow) at turning potatoes (I'ld like to think I am anyway, heehee). I'm thinking about all the food I cooked in cuisine class because I'm so full right now. I currently reign as cocktail queen (I refuse to admit to being miss distinction. makes me sound like some kinda nerd. ish. I don't even study half as much as they do. hrmf). I don't know half of what goes on in ITHB (International Tourism and Hospitality Businesses) class, but I pretend I do anyway. I'm secretly fearful that my classmates don't like me (I may not necessarily love them, but they must love me, lol). I keep talking about things relating to my uni and course in this paragraph because I believe that it will make up for my truancy.
I find it essential to exude random nonsense (some untrue) every day to survive. That's because I'm a superhero. More specifically, I'm an empath, like Peter Petrelli. Superheroes need to spout nonsense every day to cover their true identities. I'm in need of medication... or a tranquilizer.

No comments: