Saturday, May 05, 2007

Time

is flying by too fast. I was looking at a few of my cousins' friendster pages, and realised just how much we've grown up. My "baby" cousin is officially a rebellious teen (she turned 13 a day after I turned 20), my cousin from across the street from where I lived in Kch has been going steady with this guy for 3 years now (she's 2 years younger than me... 2 years used to seem like a big difference), my cousin 3 years younger than me has a drinking problem (a girl for that matter). I feel like we're all growing up too fast, and I can't keep up. Before we know it, you're all gonna be attending my graduation (hopefully =p). I feel like we should be spending time to enjoy, 'cause what other chance do we have if not now? When we're out in the society working, I doubt we'll have any chance at all to really enjoy like how we used to. Instead, I'm here spending 80% of my time in Uni, and the other 20% sleeping, eating, or doing assignments. I had always expected Uni life to be at least slightly enjoyable, not torturous.

Sometimes it feels like time is moving ahead all around me, and I'm just standing still, trying to resist time. Before I know it, I've already been here 4 months... 4 torturous months no doubt, but 4 months that have just passed before I even realised it. Sometimes, I really wish we had more hours in a day. So that I'ld at least have some time to relax. Every time I feel like I can finally chill a little, some lecturer would spring out with another assignment. Gah. I don't have time to procrastinate... but I do so anyway because I am not me if not for my laziness =D... why else do you think I'm here worrying about time, when I should be starting my new assignment and worry about time.

No comments: