Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Restriction or Opportunity

In my uni, it's obligatory that our attendance does not reach under 80%, meaning that once we are absent for more than 20% of the classes without a valid reason, we are automatically sent home (oh, how I'ld love that right now... although, of course, I wouldn't wanna be sent home under these conditions). At first, I thought "20%... wow, that's not much at all". And then I came to realise, considering how many hours of classes I have a day, 20% is, in fact, a lot! And so, thus far, I have skipped over 20 classes since I started Uni this semester. Teeheehee. But of course, the girl with pful^zzz will always find a smart way to be lazy. Ultimately, my attendance record is still almost perfect except for 2 classes. Why? Because every Monday, we have two lecture classes, which means that every one of my semester 1 coursemates are combined in one big lecture theatre (instead of our own normal classes of only 18 people), and instead of calling rolls, the lecturers pass a paper around for us to sign. Obviously, I have a loyal classmate who signs for me every week so that the lecturer won't suspect anything. =D I've probably only attended the first two weeks of these two lecture classes this semester, of which I sat in the last row and occupied myself with my books... my storybooks of course.

The story may very well end "happily ever after" here. BUT, today I was told that they calculated the attendance according to hours, and not number of classes. HAHAHA. Which means, I don't even have to ask my loyal classmate (who is currently bed-ridden because his muscle tore from a previous injury and so, cannot sign for me next week... not that I need him to anymore, heehee =P) to sign for me, and still maintain a well under 10% absence record. I say 10% because my industry placement venue requires that my attendance record be at least 90%, instead of the Uni rules of 80% (damn). My acts of truancy do not even bring me close to 10%, 'cause I've already calculated that I can be absent for a total of 53.5 hours before it actually reaches 10%, and the 2 classes which I'm actually marked 'absent' for are only 2 hours each. That means I still have 49.5 hours to skip (not that I would skip unnecessarily of course... I usually skip when I feel a deep prolonged desire to sleep =D). hohohohoho. Pardon me, I mean 48 hours, because today I came home 1.5 hours ahead of legal time.
Truancy is an addiction.
Bro: Since I now know that you still read my blog, you better not tell mum about this... or dad for that matter. =p
Edit: Ok, you just told mum about it! I'm gonna kick your ass when you get here.

No comments: