Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mousse au Chocolat Amér a L'Orange

Sounds so fancy-schmancy right? It's just chocolate mousse with some orange bits. We made that today! Among other things of course, but then but then, I'm so excited about this! Why? Because this is the FIRST time I actually have the chance to take pics of one of the fancy-schmancy things we made in cuisine class! Usually cameras aren't allowed in the kitchen... for obvious reasons, but today 'cause we brought home our chocolate mousse the way we presented it (usually we can take home the food we cook, but obviously not presented beautifully on a plate like how we would serve it to customers. That's what we do in class, but we usually just dump everything in plastic containers after we show the lecturer), it still looks pretty!

Okay, fine, maybe not that appealing afterall in the picture. hehe. Reason no.1: I kinda flattened it and messed up the decoration on top when I wrapped it with the plastic wrapper to take home. Reason no.2: My RM200 (or less?) camera is not that great okay. Reason no.3: My very "clean and new" carpet isn't exactly the ideal background. Reason no.4: Erm... some (a lot) of the chocolate sprinkles, other decoration etc. are currently in my mouth. =D
But I'm writing this why? Because I'm excited I can finally take a picture of something I would serve customers! (Presentation is everything, yada yada yada) And also, I don't know what I'm gonna do with 8 (or was it 9?) cups of that in my fridge.
Side note: What is the electric whipper for if we have to use our hands to whip the cream and whisk the egg whites anyway? Ish... very tiring okay!

3 comments:

silveraven said...

YOU SWIM BACK HERE WITH THE GOODIES LAH~

my knees too weak to swim dy. i'm turning old. six months a lot of difference k. :p

Chemical Apple said...

8 or 9 cups of THAT???!!??
I wish i was ur fridge...^^

Joce said...

feli: by the time i swim back there, it'll be chocolate mousse with seawater, ahah, and besides, you're the one with the diver's license =P

dev: the 9 cups are gonna be gone soon, muahahaha, 2 of them went to my neighbour's kid dy, another 2... down my tummy =p