Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Humbled I bow down, In your presence, at Your throne

Be warned. More religious walla-walla ahead. For those of you who may scorn at how religious I tend to be. The 25th World Youth Day is happening in Sydney in July this year.

"World Youth Day is the largest youth event in the world and will be held in Sydney from Tuesday 15 to Sunday 20 July 2008.

Organised by the Catholic Church, World Youth Day brings together young people from around the globe to celebrate and learn about their faith on a more regular basis.

WYD08 will be the largest event Australia has ever hosted. It will attract over 125,000 international visitors - more than the 2000 Olympics.

WYD08 will mark the first visit of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI to Australia and we look forward to welcoming him to the "Great South Land of the Holy Spirit".

Through the WYD08 experience, young people from throughout the world will make a pilgrimage in faith, meet, and experience the love of God.

World Youth Day is an invitation from the Pope to the youth of the world to celebrate their faith around a particular theme. Everyone is welcome to attend."

Visit here for more information.
Do you know how much I wanna go?!?! I wanna go this |<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->| much... and more. It's not every day that this kinda opportunity comes about. I mean, when will be the next time it's held in Aus? And by then, I might not even be a youth anymore. Plus, the pope is coming. I get to meet the POPE. I wanna go SO MUCH. So what's stopping me? $$$. It costs $400 for a week's worth of activities, accomodation, and food. Plus airtickets of about $200, it'll be $600 altogether. Worth it? Definitely. Anything for God. But should I?
I really want to go! And it's something I need right now. I haven't been to church for almost a year now, since I went to the island ('cause there wasn't one on the island, and the buses here don't run on Sundays, so I can't get to church unless I walk 2 hours every Sunday to get to church and 2 hours back, which I really don't mind, but it's wasted time which I can use for doing assignments.. yes assignments because I'm SO FAR BEHIND). And at a particularly low (well, kinda) point in my life right now, it's something that'll help me. And it'll bring me closer to God. I am so itching to go. Can money just drop from heaven now so I don't have to think twice about going??
Another worry: we need a group when we register. I know some friends who are going, but we're not quite that close. Although I suppose with so many youths around, that's not much of a problem is it? I have no idea. I just want to go so bad. ANYONE I KNOW AND LOVE GOING TO THIS THING?!?! =D
So should I go? Anyone?
My darling Aunt Irene reckons I should go 'cause it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I've earned a fair bit of money on the island. But I've promised myself that all that money should go to my Uni tuition fees. Most of it is gone now, though, 'cause of mr eng's PR application and supporting 2 people (mr eng and myself) for a couple of months. HOW?!?!
Mr eng, if you read this, can you please ask mum about it? =D
Back to the question, should I go?? Whoever's going to this thing, tell me! I need a group to register... IF I go. I want to. Badly. Because this is something I need right now. Btw, people from all over the world are coming. *hint hint: people who are in UK and Malaysia, you can come too! ahem.*

No comments: