Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The rain is falling on my window pane, But we are hiding in a safer place

It's the most wonderful feeling in the world when you receive news from old friends. Starting a few days ago, old friends have been contacting me out of nowhere... even to the extent of overseas phone calls that last hours. They must be sensing that I've been feeling slightly nostalgic as of late (and that sometimes, even though I want to SO much, my laziness gets to a certain point where I put off replying mails for a few days or even weeks... I AM making an effort towards improving that, though... and most times, it's the case of SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME). Hehe. I LOVE YOU GUYS! All of you. =) It really doesn't take much to make me happy, does it. So much love. Awwww. I feel love. Can you tell?

I tried making tiramisu today. Without an electronic whisk. I forgot how long it actually took to whisk egg whites to firm peak manually. Oh my aching arm! So my first attempt at tiramisu turned out... not too bad. Apart from the fact that I put too much coffee. I'll let the picture speak for itself.
I didn't manage to get a picture of the actual finished product (which, of course, looks a lot better than the picture of whatever I scooped into my mug). But, all that matters is that it tastes good. Mmmmmm. I'll get a better picture next time.
The next project I'm going to undertake (or plan to anyway): Cheesecake! Now that I have an oven and a proper kitchen that I can muck around in.. fun fun fun. Hehe. Provided I'm hardworking enough to actually go hunt down the ingredients, that is.
Also... I have a new media player! Right there, to the left. I can't mess about with the colours for the player though. =( And because I drank the leftover coffee from making the tiramisu, I am now goldfish-eyed awake. Like I'm not nocturnal enough already.
Facebook is the ultimate spawn of all evil that has been keeping me online and away from Uni work! But only because I keep trying to see how long I can keep leveling myself in the Heroes thingy until I get sick of it, teeheehee. Or this could just be another excuse for my procrastination.

2 comments:

Super Gentleman said...

DATS A TIRAMISU?!?! i tot it was sum food grown wif mold o fungus... LOL...

Joce said...

it's whatever I scooped into my mug mar, ish, the actual thing doesn't look like that lah, of course