Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Its hard to remember where we were at a year before.

When I'm given time to procrastinate, I get jiwang (emo-ish?). In a burst of sudden holy inspiration, I present:

The Ten Commandments
(Exodus 20:2-17)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.“
It's not easy trying to be as close to God's image as possible, but we can always try, can't we? No one's perfect, but we can try our best...even if our best isn't all that much to us... it might be something to someone else. =) Yeah, so what if I'm jiwang/emo. It makes me happy. Like how I believe I can save the world. Heeheehee. You can be a cynic if that's what floats your boat. We're all entitled to what we each individually think. So I have rose-tinted glasses... that floats my boat all the way to the sky (ooh, flying ship)... so what?
Anyone interested in a world-saving adventure? teehee teehee. And no, I don't smoke weed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...even if our best isn't all that much to us... it might be something to someone else."

correction: it means something to God.

haha bet u thought i was gona go all cynic now didn't u. u're such a cynic, have some faith in me!

ohdear..did i just make myself sound like God?

lol!

Joce said...

well yes obviously it means something to God.. and it may mean something to someone else as well, you know, make someone else happy and all that, haha

but no, I actually wasn't thinking you would be cynical... although you are prone to be at times, lol

I'm just saying some people choose to be cynical, and I accept that, but I know there are people out there who may not be able to accept the way I think (because they are cynical and think we're all just gonna die sinners and all that).

But no matter how cynical you can get, I still love you. Hahaha.

Lyd said...

"Yeah, so what if I'm jiwang/emo. It makes me happy."



hahahahah WAT LAAAA U! LOL

silly girl =D

Joce said...

for some reason, the second comment you sent about the vid didn't publish, lol, even blogger thinks that vid isn't as funny as you say, heehee, what silly girl? It makes me happy what. Being jiwang. Really! Hehe, at least let me believe I can save the world, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, full of shit. =D