Sunday, April 13, 2008

I wish the real world, Would just stop hassling me

On the road to self-discovery: the process of discovering oneself... as explained by the wise man ***** (name protected for security reasons, because he is too wise -.-). I believe that everyone is on a journey of self-discovery, whether consciously or subconsciously. Well, I THINK I am anyway.

I honestly don't know who I am most of the time. I don't know whether my personality is really mine. Or a mixture of random personalities I've picked up throughout my life. I don't know whether my values are really what I believe in. Or values that I want to believe in. I don't know whether I was made this way. Or whether I made myself through my thoughts. I don't know whether the things I like and hate are really things I like and hate. Or things that I was told and brainwashed into liking and hating. I don't know whether I am who I think I am. Or someone totally different deep down inside (I don't THINK so anyway).
But ultimately..... ultimately, being ourselves is all that matters isn't it? At least that's what I believe.
Disclaimer: Post inspired by mysterious wise man mentioned above. The thoughts above do not belong entirely to me.

No comments: