Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You can't stop my happiness, 'Cause I like the way I am

Never make pancakes when your mind is half on your assignment. I had salty pancakes for breakfast (yes, you guessed it... I put half a teaspoon of salt instead of sugar into my pancakes -.-). Tried to cover the slight saltiness with a topping of nutella, which kinda helped... a little.

I just watched Hairspray (mid-assignment de-stresser *grin*). And I think it's really cool! I'm a sucker for musicals as it is (well, not particularly the High School Musical type, but nonetheless). What I really liked about it, though, wasn't the singing and dancing (although they did help), but the message. Unity of colours; negros, whites, too bad they didn't add Asians into the mix. And going against the whole "skin-and-bones" syndrome of Hollywood; Tracy being a particularly big main actress. And, of course, the typical "bitchy beauty queen" mother and daughter pair who get what they deserve in the end. And ultimately, it's about accepting people for who they are, regardless of differences in colour, size, and personality. I like.
The songs don't beat those from Phantom and Les Miserables though. *One day more, another day, another destiny, this winding road to Calvary.* Heehee.
I'm gonna keep repeating this message until I finish my assignments =D:
"And for the following days till next week, until my assignments are all handed in, all you're gonna get are short "wuliao" (erm, redundant? silly? I have no idea how to fully translate wuliao to English without changing the meaning slightly) posts like these, 'cause I haven't the time to be typing up long emo posts or looking up interesting things I can blog about or coming up with stories, while I'm stressing over assignments."
Cheerio. Isn't that a cereal?
Ooooh, I wanna go dancing again! One two cha cha cha, three four cha cha cha, hehe

No comments: