Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So maybe there's not a lot to do, Or maybe I'm just making myself confused

Highlight of yesterday: A scary incident when my housemate almost burnt down the whole house 'cause she left her brew cooking on the stove at FULL heat and forgot about it (she does this really often, too). And me, brave firefighter woman me, walked out of my room to a house full of smoke, ran choking downstairs to turn the stove off (amidst the ominous smoke, I might add), and opened the doors and windows to air the house. Come now, I at least deserve a congratulatory pat, don't I? It's not every day I save my house from burning down *grin*. It smelt like really pungent peng kiamhu (fried salted fish?) the whole of last night, but today it smells... like piss. o.O Go figure.

Sho anyhoooo, in an attempt to de-stress, I, as always, found something to experiment with. Voila! I present to you my first ever attempt at baking.
My pioneer cookie-making journey: honey and oat cookies. Tasty, yet healthy. Didn't really make much in case I screwed it up... this being my first batch of cookies ever. And I reckon 10 pieces (you only see 8 pieces there 'cause 2 are already safely inside me) of fairly big cookies is more than enough to last me a week or two. Doesn't look so good, 'cause I just glopped random sizes of batter onto the baking tray. Tastes so good though, mmmmmmmm.
When I was home, I used to bug people when I get stressed. I sing, I laugh for no apparent reason because stress makes me very happy (-.-), I run around, I bug people. But since I can't do that anymore here ('cause my housemates don't have to know just how...erm... special I really am.. well I do still sing and laugh, but not so much of the running around and bugging people *grin*), I cook. Or bake, in this case. Or paint. Or make pretty stuff. Or google random stuff, i.e. recipes. And a hundred other things that I find entertaining (and somewhat amusing), but I probably shouldn't digress.
If only I had a car. If only I had friends who played sports. If only the courts and pool didn't cost any money to enter. If only I would stop procrastinating.
Speaking of which, I found out from my classmates yesterday that... my exam hall (the one in the city? the one I have to catch a bus at freaking 6.40 am in the morning to get to on time 'cause my freaking exams are all at 8 in the morning and the later bus will arrive at 8.05 so I have to arrive a full hour earlier at 7.05 and wait?) is actually a nightclub. O.O Talk about designating the most appropriate place for exams huh. Says a lot about how questionable my Uni is.
And now, I shall return to eating my cookies and spluttering around in my pool of html codes.

4 comments:

Super Gentleman said...

mebe ur housemate cooked kiamhu wif piss sauce lehh... dun say her liddat mahh... LOL... i wish i can stay wif u, cz i noe u will cook when u stress den dat means free food for me, ALWAYS!!! cz i will b sure to make u stress everyday... LoL...

Joce said...

lol, is that what you cook? maybe that's how you know, hmmmmm...

ure exactly like sim, only want free food, if u stayed with me, YOU can pay for all the groceries. I'll just be the cook. You provide materials I provide cooking service. Good deal no? =D

Super Gentleman said...

OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE THAT!!! cz i noe u eat like nth 1... ur 1 week of stomach partition is smaller den a tupperware... so in d end d groceries on ur side wouldnt b dat much... HAHAHHAHAHAZ...

btw, mebe ur frens punya cooking method of dat dish requires her 2 burn d food lehh... den u go mess it up... haiya... dun diss other ppls cooking mahh... LOL...

Joce said...

lol! Hey I eat more than a tupperware container a week okay, my appetite isn't THAT small, ishhhhh, haha, so agreed huh? So if you ever come here, don't forget our agreement =P

and btw, my housemate burns her food ALL the time, just not usually as "tiam" as this time... special technique huh? haha