Saturday, May 31, 2008

And supposedly you could crawl right through me

I'm not one of those kids privileged enough to get phone calls from home every other day. Mummy calls me like once every.... month... possibly. And if I'm lucky, twice. Simply because call cards are expensive (and my dad's all about saving money). And I don't call back at all (unless asked to or I have something really important to discuss), not because I don't think of them all the time, but because every time I call back the connection goes a bit screwy so it's better just waiting for them to call. Most of the people I know who come from overseas gets phone calls from their mums or dads almost every day, or every alternate day at least. *sighs*

Point is, daddy called me just now just to talk. Awwwww.
Now, if any of you know my dad, you would know that he's not exactly a man of many words. And mostly, you would know that my dad has never ever called me just to talk. He always calls to ask "do you still have money? Do you need me to send you any?" "Yeah, just to let you know I sent you something yesterday so you should be receiving it in one or 2 weeks so look out for it etc." or other "business matters", and then says "do you want to talk to mummy or bro?", which usually means that he has nothing else to say (or so I assume). Normally he just touches on basic questions like "how's studies?" and "have you had your dinner?" before moving on to "business". You could say he's not one who chit-chats much with his children over the phone.
But he called today just to ask how I was, and to talk and laugh with me. No "business matters"... nada. Am I surprised? Oh, yes definitely. Am I happy? Deliriously! My daddy misses me. Awwwww.
Current mood: All hearts and smiles =) =) =)

No comments: