Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sob Stories

One sentence and one sentence only. Koreans are very good at falling-in-love-and-finding-out-one-of-them-has-a-fatal-sickness movies.

Their dramas, at least, have a variety of different themes (not that many either, but at least more variety than the sad depressing movies I've been watching). I mean, the whole "live every day as if it were your last. Enjoy while you're alive, so you won't regret in case something happens" theme is good. But the "I love you, but you're gonna die soon, and then I'm gonna be so heartbroken" theme? D.e.p.r.e.s.s.i.n.g.
The tears I've cried the past 2 days watching non-stop korean movies amount to the total volume of tears I've cried over the past 21 years. And yes, I do admit that I feel very easily when I watch movies (or watch other people, for that matter), and therefore, I also cry very easily when I watch movies. No one in high school or primary school has ever seen me cry (college, yes, because there was one person causing me massive amounts of pressure, so I was quite often on the verge during those few months, and I cry when I'm angry or in immense pain... but not quite when I'm sad. Me? Weird? Probably.) , and then one day, we were watching Lilo and Stitch, and all of a sudden, my reputation is gone. I shall not disclose who they were who were watching L and S with me. Oh well. Enough about my movie-time tears.
My friend once said to me, "All the good-looking Korean guys have become actors. That's why all the Koreans we meet are not good-looking." I reckon it's true. Why are the girls all so darn fair though?!
I need to start my assignments (see the 's'? Yes, more than one). Now.
So much for one sentence only, hehe

2 comments:

Chemical Apple said...

Wah..who made you cry in College?
haha...
Someone cried so much during that someone's farewell in KIA...remember?..hihi...

Joce said...

someone lah, I probably shouldn't mention her name, wasn't a student anyway, hehe, I'll tell you on msn, heehee

hey hey, that was 'cause I was very sad to leave you guys okay, first time leaving home mah, lol, i remembered that time, every one of you i saw walk through the door, i started crying all over again, omgoodness, hahaha!