Thursday, May 08, 2008

Maybe we can do this for the rest of our lives, Maybe we can live forever

I just received a phonecall from Jin. Greetings and normal chat aside, he suddenly said, "Do you know where I am? I'm in Gatton, with Choi, and Hyun. We are going to Toowoomba to meet you tomorrow. Is that ok? (his version of this was, of course, less fluent... Koreans being Koreans, and their english... not that I'm being mean or stereotyping, but all the Koreans I know who grew up in Korea all speak the same way. Not their fault, though.) ".

Okay, first of all, they want to visit me tomorrow, and they tell me the NIGHT before they come. Second of all, he said it so matter-of-factly, like I'm just sitting here waiting for them to come. -.- I HAVE ASSIGNMENTS YOU KNOW. At least he asked whether it was okay. But then again, they've already decided they're coming. And this is the only time they have, 'cause they're starting work on another farm (yes, they're working on farms because that's the only job their second working holiday visa entitles them to do, HAHAHA, so mean =D) next week so it'll be quite a while before they have time to come visit me again.
So, me being me, said "yeah that's okay. Come!". All the while kicking myself in the rear end because my avalanching pile of assignments is starting to look really daunting. It's not that I don't want to see them, 'cause I do. I miss them a lot. I really do. But, talk about wonderful timing.
Fear of assignments aside, I'm actually really excited! It's not every day good friends actually take the time to come to Toowoomba just to visit me... three of them at that. =D
But........... where in Toowoomba can I possibly bring them??? I haven't actually been around that much, apart from going grocery-shopping and to people's houses. Not to mention, I don't even have a car. *Gak* I'm gonna be the most wonderfulest-est tour guide ever. *panics*

No comments: