Friday, May 09, 2008

Silver willows, Tears from Persia

You know you've spent too much time on assignments when you sub-consciously press ctrl-S after every sentence you type. Another one of my numerous OCD's. The habit arose once upon a time in a land far far away, when I did 90% of a 3000 word essay, and my computer crashed. My hours of labour poofed. Into nothingness. And I sat there. For 10 whole minutes. Staring at the screen. Thinking "maybe if I looked long enough, it'll come back". That was, of course, during the dinosaur ages when Microsoft Word didn't have the auto save feature.

Details of my day follow. I don't normally blog about "what I did today" or "what happened to me today", unless it's of any significance. But since I blogged about them coming in the previous post, I thought it only appropriate.
So my day out with grandpa Jin, and uncles Choi, and Hyun, is now over. Sounds so paedo. But it's only 'cause they're all like... 26 or 28 or some age between that range (which, technically, leaves only 27). I'd forgotten how much fun we used to have. *sighs*. Bring me back to never never land where all we did was work and play, with no studying and no assignments of any sort! Oh, and Hyun passed me my leftover mail from never never land... in the form of... mummy chicken's Christmas card! Thank you, mummy chicken. I super love it, and I super love you (even if I did receive it 4.5 months after Christmas)! =D
So what exactly did we do the whole of today? Nothing. What was I so worried about,.. not having places to bring them. Pfft. We had coffee/tea/hot choc for 2 hours. We went to the park and picnicked and did silly things for 3 hours. We went back and sat at the bus stop for 1 hour. Bus came. Several goodbyes later, I got on the bus. End of story. They had to cut their trip short 'cause it takes 4 hours of driving to get to where they're gonna be working at for the next few months. And so ends my day. With promises of driving to Gold Coast together one day. (Yes! I finally found people willing to drive there! Heehee)
In response to questions about why I haven't yet found a guy I liked (that way) and why I'm not accepting... erm... "people" (names not disclosed to protect privacy), Choi said, in his exact words, "Why you always look so high at guys. Don't look so high. Look lower. You can see many." I think he was trying to tell me to lower my expectations, and I'll find someone easily. But it sounded so wrong. Lol. I promise I won't laugh at their English anymore. Just this once. =D I don't mean it in a bad way, though.
Story of my day.
I'm trying very hard to finish my assignments. Can you tell?

4 comments:

Super Gentleman said...

yalohh... he is actually right u noe... mebe sum guys r damn good looking outside bt cz of dat dey dun hav d ability to erm, reproduce... LOL... so hafta test out ur subjects 1st mahh... kenot so fast reject items 1... heard of quality assurance?? hahahhaz...

Joce said...

i'm trying very hard to understand what you're trying to say here, but I'm failing. Can you speak english please? lol! The only thing I understand is the last bit about not rejecting so fast and quality assurance..... (my gosh, aren't u ashamed? I can understand my korean friends better than you, HAHAHA)

Super Gentleman said...

dun act dumb lahh... LoL... if u really dun understand, den u really hafta enrol ah bong's "too good to be true" class liao... dere, i will teach u things u dun normally learn outside... LoL...

Joce said...

erm, I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say, serious, sounds like you're trying to tell me guys cannot give birth... erm, I think I already know that, haha!